Universität Bonn

Institute of Computer Science

Change of subject or university - Your way to us

If you want to transfer to one of our Bachelor's degree programmes from another university or from another degree programme, we must first determine which semester you can be placed in. We also have to do this if you have not completed any modules in your previous degree program.

Step by step to a change of subject or university


Send us your transcript

Send your transcript of records of your previous studies to anerkennung@informatik.uni-bonn.de and ask in which semester you can placed. We will answer by e-mail within four weeks.


Collect a placement certificate

Now come to our office hours with the answer from the examination office, your officiel transcript of records and your valid identity card or passport. We will issue your "Einstufungsbescheinigung" (placement certificate) and you can take it with you straight away.


Application for admission

With your documents, including the placement certificate, you can now apply for admission at the student registry.


Make your previous studies count

As soon as you are properly enrolled, please contact us again. We can then discuss your application to have the results of your previous studies count towards your degree programme with us.

Wird geladen