The Institute of Computer Science is organized in the following six departments which contain several research groups:
- Computer Science I - Theoretical Informatics and Formal Methods
- Computer Science II - Computer Graphics and Computer Animation
- Computer Science III - Databases and Information Systems, Programming Languages and Software Technologies, Artificial Intelligence, Enterprise Information Systems, Multimedia Signal Processing, Computer Vision, Intelligent Databases, Gaming and Searching, Programming Languages, Knowledge Discovery and Machine Learning
- Computer Science IV - Communication and Networked Systems
- Computer Science V - Algorithms and Distributed Systems
- Computer Science VI - Autonomous Intelligent Systems and Technical Computer Science
See also the complete list of all research groups.